With such mild and temperate conditions, those of us that dwell in Napa Valley reap the benefits of every season. But summer has it’s own unique appeal in Wine Country, with nature in full bloom and eager faces inhabiting the bustling streets of Napa. Here are the best ways to experience summer at Silverado:
1. Golf on our PGA Championship courses: Johnny Miller wasn’t messing around when he redesigned the Robert Trent-Jones designed golf courses. Amidst the towering Oak trees and natural surroundings are tricky ghost traps, double dog legs, water crossings and challenging greens. Coming this October, Silverado will welcome Safeway as the new title sponsor of the Safeway Open PGA Tour, Oct 9-16, 2016.
2. Picnic on the Patio at the Silverado Market & Bakery: the new Silverado Market & Bakery is now in full swing and we encourage our guests to enjoy the ambience and liveliness it brings to the resort experience. You’ll find all the fixings for a gourmet Napa Valley picnic and more inside the market. Souvenirs to tell the tale of your Napa adventures are readily available. P.s.- there’s Corn Hole on the lawn, too!
3. Chef and Somm Series in The Grill: the dinner series occurs once a month during the summer and is a must-do if you consider yourself a foodie or wine lover. The interactive experience features a three course meal with wines to pair for $60 per person. You can count on the freshest seasonal selections gracing your plate. Our chef de cuisine and in-house sommelier will walk you through each course and keep you inspired and excited for each new flavor that arises!
4. Birds and Bubbles Night: Fried Chicken and sparkling wine, anyone? It’s almost too good to be true. Every Thursday in The Grill at 5:30pm-9:30pm during summer, dine at The Grill and enjoy Fried Buttermilk and Herb Chicken, Roasted Baby Beet and Citrus Salad and (2) Splits of Chandon Brut. Cost is $45 per twosome (plus tax/gratuity). Cheers!
5. Tennis Camps and Clinics: You’re sure to fall in love with our tennis professionals, who keep the mood light and the game competitive. Daily clinics allow you to choose from several different aspects of your game, including ground strokes, serves and returns, volleys, mid-court game, strategies and drill sessions. For those seeking an overnight package and dynamic tennis experience, try our Backhands, Vines and Volley’s Tennis Package.
6. Get Married: You heard us right. Summer is wedding season and Silverado’s dreamy venues are nothing short of magical. Planning far in advance is encouraged, as the venue spaces do fill up quickly! Our wedding team will guide you through the process of everything from contracting to your wedding timeline and menus.
7. Unwind at the Spa: Vacationing can be exhausting when you’re out and about on your feet all day. It’s a tragedy to return home feeling like you need a vacation after your vacation. That’s why we recommend a trip to our spa. Nestled in the Meyer Lemon garden at the spa are our private outdoor cabanas, where you can receive a Silverado Massage, Deep Tissue or Lomi Lomi Massage.
And of course, there’s always wine tasting at the 400+ wineries surrounding Silverado, hiking, biking, shopping, and lounging without a care in the world…after all, you’re on vacation. And vacations should be enjoyed to the fullest. Happy summer!